ABOUT LAZER BROADCASTING: Established in 1991, Lazer Broadcasting Corporation owns and operates as many as 18 Spanish Language Radio Stations in 10 California markets and two affiliated stations. The first radio station launched by the firm is KXLM 102.9 FM, Radio Lazer. Located in Oxnard, Calif., it is a dedicated provider of Spanish Language Radio Programming in high-density Hispanic markets. The company’s formats include radio lazer, traditional Mexican and adult hits. Some of its stations are La Mexicana Traditional Mexican, La Mejor Adult Hits and Radio Lazer Regional Mexican.
Description: KGRB, Lazer Broadcasting of Sacramento, is looking for a full time Assistant Promotion Manager to lead the department‘s marketing goals and initiatives to take the station s brand to the next level.
The ideal candidate will have superior communication skills, networking skills and ability to strategically reinforcement brand in all messaging, and the ability to create and supervise street team. The candidate must have experience in multi-platform promotion: on-air, web, social and mobile.
The Assistant Promotion Manager will work under the direct supervision of the Promotions Director and assist to leverage research to develop and produce spot on image campaigns, promos and giveaway structures.
Must be a strong communicator and team player to work in collaboration with all departments to successfully execute news brand strategies.
* Manages the execution of long-term and daily strategic plans under the direction of the Promotions Director.
* Uses research to create the right tone and language for all marketing messages.
* Plans and executes Promotions and Giveaways.
* Supervises all promotional material, output and input in relation to KGRB.
* Presents strong collaboration and teamwork with all departments to achieve station goals.
* Ensures that day to day assignments and projects are on schedule and meeting deadlines per strategic plans.
* Develops and maintains daily, weekly and monthly calendars for department staff, outlining assignments, deadlines for on-air, radio and web marketing under the direction of Promotions Director.
* Write and produce on-air promotion, including image, topical and special promotion.
* Writes and produces marketing messages for digital and radio during sweeps.=
* Liaison between Client and Sales to ensure that advertiser-related promotion is executed properly per sales packages including production timelines, deadlines for content and execution of on-air commitments.
*Ensures that station executes promotional contracted requirements. Maximizes and maintains strong relationships.
* Is an effective team leader in the department, and is a great mentor to the promotions on staff.
* The successful candidate will have a minimum of 2 years of experience.
* Excellent communication, organization, and writing skills are required.
* Should have hands on experience promoting a local news product.
* Must have strong problem solving and follow through skills with exceptional attention to detail.
* Previous supervisory experience in directing workflow, motivating and training staff preferred.